How to #1 : Be pretty after a long haul flight

Tuesday 27 August 2013



This post is only for long-haul flights, it's not necessary for a Paris-London is of course. Regardless why you are travelling, you probably want to be pretty and have a glowing skin when the aircraft is landing. 

Some basics: Liquids in your hand luggage must not exceed 100ml and must be packed in small transparent plastic bags. Drink lots of water, and before the start try to collect as many samples as you can.

Before departure: Make sure your eyebrows are perfect ! With great eyebrows, and even without makeup you'll always look good. If possible leave for the airport without make-up on the face, let's just say a touch of mascara and a tinted lip balm if you want to. Try to moisturize your body, I use an Embryolisse one.

D-Day: Once in the plane, using a gel hand sanitizer is necessary before touching your face. In the aircraft, the air is very dry, so I advise you to use a mineral water spray, I use a La Roche Posay one. Then I apply Clinique Moisture Surge all over my face and neck (choose a transparent moisturizing mask, you'll seem less weird...), and I apply it  again and again depending on the duration of the flight . After that I apply under my eyes the roll-on called Clinique All About Eyes to avoid puffy eyes and dark circles. Then I put a lip balm on my lips, personally I use a Carmex one. 
After the skin, let's take care of the hair ! I simply use a day cream from René Furterer. And then I make a loose braid. Ok, so skin : Done ; hair : Done ! Now the hands ! Poor little hands, they also suffer from the dry air...so I use a hand cream from Clarins.
After you read all this routine (which is longer on the paper ) I hope you are not falling asleep ! The end is not that far ! I promise...

Before landing: About 45 minutes before landing cleanse your face with something like the Crealine of Bioderma , just to remove your old mascara and the remains of the hydrating mask. Then apply your day cream, I really like the Day Cream with Rose from Dr. Hauschka (the lightest version).
Now for the make-up, I hide my imperfections with concealer, the Select Cover-up NW20 MAC. And then I use a pretty awesome thing, a coppery creamy stick from NARS, the "South Beach". This thing is great, you can put it on your cheeks, your eyes, your lips, and the result is really nice. It brings brightness to your face and a touch of color, but it is subtle. Then I put on the mascara, I have a miniature from Chanel which is very convenient. To finish the look,  I use a Mac eyebrow gel (the clear one)and a touch of Carmex lip balm, and it's done girls!

After that you'll get dredged in the waiting customs line ... cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground